Organizations worldwide have long considered IT Outsourcing as a corporate strategic initiative, to better focus energies on their core business activities to gain competitive advantage on a consistent basis. Offshore Outsourcing has become a dominant theme among the IT Outsourcing trends worldwide and India has become the leading destination for Offshoring, with the western industrial world as the chief beneficiary.
While Offshore Outsourcing can be adopted in its various manifestations, an Offshore Development Center (ODC) with its pool of specially trained resources, well designed infrastructure, proven and time-tested processes is the most beneficial outsourcing delivery model with a compelling value proposition for businesses looking at IT Outsourcing.
Ajel’s ODC Framework
ODC Setup Process
Ajel adopts the following phases as part of its process for setting up ODCs in India for its international clients. The activities under each phase are summarized below.
During this phase, both the client and Ajel depute program managers who are primarily responsible for the success and growth of the ODC. This phase includes the following activities:
- Selecting the Program Managers from Ajel and the client
- High level study of the client’s existing IT environment
- Arriving at the objectives of the ODC
- Proposing a plan document for the ODC growth
- Selecting a core team for initiation phase
- Creating a financial model for the ODC including expected savings
- Determining the physical location of the ODC
- Detailing an infrastructure plan